Military Personnel

The MPF will be accepting customers by appointment only starting on Monday, 28 September.

Information on how to schedule an appointment with our various offices is listed below:

Customer Support/ID Cards:

  • To make an on-line ID card appointment, simply click this link and search for “Spangdahlem” under the ID Card Office Locator & Appointments section

  • For CAC PIN resets, no online appointment is necessary. You can just call 452-6117 to make an appointment.
  • To renew a dependent ID card, please fill out the Application to Renew Dependent ID Card and then follow the Online ID Card Renewal process instructions.

ID Card Renewal Application

ID Card Renewal Process Instructions


  • Please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 452-4448

Career Development:

  • Please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 452-6817
  • Career Development Services (see below)
  • Relocations – Outbound Assignments, Retirements, Separations, ERD
  • Retentions – Reenlistments, Extensions, Selective Reenlistment Bonus, Initial Enlistment Bonus
  • Special Actions – Promotions, DEROS Management, Command Sponsorship, IPCOT/COT, SDT

Force Management:

  • Please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call 452-6221


  • Normal ops / no appointment required
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out directly to me (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., DSN: 452-4160, Cell: 015112699733) or (S)MSgt Erica Martin (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., 452-4163).

We are accepting appointments only!

Schedule an appointment for CAC/ID Cards to minimize your wait time.
You can do this by calling DSN 452-6117 or Commercial 06565616117

What We Offer


Q: Which guidance do I use, Stop Movement or Assignment DEROS and RNLTD “Re-Flow”?
A: These messages are separate entities and should be treated accordingly. If moving within the Stop Movement Window, utilize the information found in the Stop Movement MyPers Guidance. If moving after the Stop Movement is lifted, utilize the Assignment DEROS and RNLTD “Re-Flow”.
Q: When will the DEROS/RNLTD updates and re-flow be completed?
A: AFPC is scheduled to complete these updates by 15 May. Within this timeframe, dates may be updated and revert back multiple times. We ask that members remain patient until 18 May. On 18 May, the local MPF will be verifying all members who have had their DEROS/RNLTDs adjusted and confirming the validity of these updates. Once the MPF has completed this cross check, we will be contacting leadership to ensure all members are aware of the updates.
Q: What if my DEROS/RNLTD were adjusted but I want to revert them back to their original?
A: After 18 May, when all AFPC updates have been made, and verified, if a member wishes to revert their DEROS/RNLTD, they will need to obtain gaining and losing CC concurrence. For the RNLTD request, members must go into vMPF and select “self-service actions” from the left side. They will then select “assignments” and then “RNLTD change” which will open up an application in MyPers. That application will include all pertinent information and be routed to the losing and gaining CC and then on to AFPC for finalization. To revert their DEROS, members will need to utilize the attached MFR and submit to the local CSS/MPF for processing. This MFR will be submitted to the applicable assignment team via CMS.
Q: What if I would like to curtail or extend my DEROS separate from the re-flow updates?
A: Please continue to utilize the standard process for DEROS curtailment or extensions requested for reasons outside the move prioritization plan. Local CSS/MPF are available for questions or concerns regarding this process.
Q: How is this affecting Consecutive Overseas Travel (COT)?
A: Official COT guidance is still being worked. If moving within the Stop Movement window, COT/Leave en route are not authorized. Members should route a COT deferment letter through their Sq/CC prior to departure.
Q: Is leave en route authorized when I PCS?
A: If moving within the Stop Movement window, leave en route is not authorized. If PCSing after the stop movement window, leave en route must be coordinated with gaining and losing commander and will be at their discretion for approval.
Q: With my DEROS/RNLTD being updated, I am showing due for a CRO OPR. What do I do?
A: The OPR CRO window has been temporarily extended from 120 days to 180 days.
Q: If a member has an ETP signed and their DEROS is adjusted, will the ETP need to be re-accomplished?
A: Exempted Airmen and those that have obtained waivers authorizing travel DURING the Stop Movement window may inadvertently had their DEROS/RNLTD adjusted by AFPC. These Airmen are authorized to proceed on their assignment as previously scheduled.
Q: Am I authorized a Personally Procured Move from OCONUS to OCONUS locations?
A: PPMs OCONUS to OCONUS are authorized with TMO concurrence. Please contact LRS HHGs section for clarification on the process.
Q: What is happening with passports?
A: Currently, passport operations are limited to emergency situations for tourist passports. For official and no-fee passports, processing is limited to urgent/mission critical requests only. For passport questions or concerns, please contact the Spangdahlem Passport Office at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. As passport concerns span a wide range of information and topics, they will be able to provide the most accurate information for each situation.

Career Development

Career Development is your one-stop shop for Outbound Assignments, Reenlistments/Extensions, Command Sponsorship, DEROS Management, Officer and Enlisted Promotions, and Retirements and Separations. In addition, we handle COT/IPCOT, ERD, FEML, and Student Dependent Travel Orders. Below you will find some helpful resources. We are ready and eager to assist you and your family’s needs. If you require further assistance or have questions please contact our organizational box at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Customer Support

Services Offered
  • Initial issue and renewal of Common Access Card (CAC)
  • Dependent ID Cards
  • Retirement ID
  • Resets of PINs and blocked CACs
  • DD 1172 print-outs
  • DEERS enrollment
  • SGLI updates
  • Martial status updates
Required Documents for ID Cards

Please note: Appointments cannot be made via RAPIDS. Call the Customer Support line and we will be happy to set one up for you!

Passport Office

Contact Information

COMM 06565-61-4448

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

COVID-19 UPDATE: As of 11 June 2020, our office is now able to start accepting TOURIST passport applications again! Additionally, Official/No-Fee passport applications and Visas may also be accepted if certain requirements are met. Customers with these requests can only be seen on an appointment basis; no walk-in services will be accepted for these requests.

Appointment times can be scheduled between 0800-1130 & 1300-1400 on walk-in days. Please contact us via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or at COMM 06565-61-4448/DSN 452-4448 to schedule your appointment or if you need more information.

NOTICE: Please be advised that although the National Passport Center is accepting these applications, they are still operating with limited staff at this time. Customers should anticipate extended delays in the processing time for applications, as it will exceed the average 4-6 weeks’ timeframe due to the limited staffing. This will include the return of the issued passport, original proof of citizenship, and all other supporting documents. It is not recommended you apply if you require these documents within the next several months. Applicants should continue to seek emergency passport service assistance with us if a passport is required immediately.
Walk-In Services

Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8-11:45am & 1-3pm
Newborn/families of 5+ services not provided.

  • Passport Applications
  • Passport Pick-Up
  • Any Passport Related Questions
  • Official Visas
  • SOFA Card
  • Verification for Social Security Documents
  • Out-Processing
Tourist/No Fee Passports

Tourist passports for both minors and adults (used for leisure travel)
No-Fee and Official passports (for official travel on orders only)
Diplomatic passports (documentation from customer is required)

Dependents overseas are highly encouraged to have both tourist and no-fee passports. No-fee passports are not to be used for leisure travel; they are for official travel only (to be used with PCS or TDY orders). No-fee passports with Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) are normally required for dependents to PCS out of commercial ports.

Tourist Passport and other fees are as follows: 

  • Tourist Passport Adult (Age 16 and older; first or replacement passport if lost/mutilated) $145
  • Tourist Passport Adult (Renewal) $110
  • Tourist Passport Minors (under age 16 and first passport renewal) $115
Consulate Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)

Tuesday and Thursday are reserved for Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA)/newborn baby processing, by appointment only, as the application interview will take approximately 45-60 mins. Please download and carefully review the "Register Your Newborn Guide (CRBA)".

Download CRBA Guide

When ready to apply for the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) online, visit the MyTravelGov website. The new eCRBA process allows U.S. citizen parents to complete an online CRBA application, upload all required documents, and submit payment prior to scheduling an appointment for acceptance of the original documents at our office. Any passport applications for the newborn can also be processed during this appointment. 

NOTE: We highly encourage parents to apply for a tourist and no-fee passport for their newborn, who must be command sponsored and enrolled in DEERS to apply for a no-fee passport. Also, both parents and the baby must be present during the appointment. The $100 fee for the eCRBA will be paid for online after you complete your application. The $115 fee for a tourist passport must be paid for during your appointment at our office.

-- Consular Report of Birth Abroad Online Fee $100

Please be advised Passport Agents are unable to answer the phone if they are conducting an interview.  If you call our Passport office at DSN: 452-4448 and do not get an answer, please feel free to email our org box at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Baby Passports and birth certificate applications (Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) are done on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only. Please visit our office to pick up the "How to register your newborn" package. Upon completion of required documents, we ask that members stop by our office for a review before scheduling an appointment.

Diplomatic & Official Passports

Please contact your UDM (deployments) or the Passport Office for more details. 

Passport Checklist | Initials & Renewals


Special Issuance Passport and Tourist Passport

Who is eligible for an Official or Diplomatic passport?

22 CFR §51.3 states that an official passport is issued to an official or direct hire employee of the U.S. government traveling abroad to carry out official duties. A Diplomatic passport is issued to a Foreign Service Officer or to a person having diplomatic status or comparable status because he or she is traveling abroad to carry out diplomatic duties on behalf of the U.S. government.

May I use my Official or Diplomatic passport for personal travel?

For personal travel you must use a tourist passport.

Can I have an Official and Diplomatic passport at the same time?

No, you may not hold an official and a diplomatic passport at the same time.  If you require another type of special issuance passport for a particular job or assignment, you may be asked to turn in your valid Official or Diplomatic passport to be filed at the Special Issuance Agency.

Can I have both a valid regular passport and a valid special issuance passport at the same time?

Yes, you can have both a valid regular passport and a valid special issuance passport at the same time.

Do my dependents need passports?

Yes, dependents authorized to accompany you on official assignments abroad must have their own Special Issuance Passport.

When applying for my child’s passport, do both parents need to be present?

Yes, both parents need to be present when applying for passports for children under the age of 16. If both parents are unable to appear. If one parent/guardian cannot go with the child to apply for the passport, they can give permission by completing Form DS-3053 “Statement of Consent." You must submit the completed form with the child's passport application. The parent that cannot go with the child must:

  • Sign and date Form DS-3053 in the presence of a certified notary public
  • Submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the ID that they present to the notary public with Form DS-3053

How much validity do I need in my passport in order to travel?

Many countries require that your passport be valid at least six (6) months beyond the dates of your travel. Some airlines may not allow you to board if this requirement is not satisfied.

My passport has been damaged. Can I continue to use this passport?

If your passport has been significantly damaged, especially the book cover or the page displaying your personal data and photo, you will need to apply for a new passport.  Damage that might require you to replace your passport includes water damage, a significant tear, unofficial markings on the data page, missing visa pages (torn out), a hole punch, or other injuries.

Normal "wear and tear" of a U.S. passport is expected and likely does not count as "damage."  For instance normal wear includes the bend of a passport after being carried in your back pocket or fanning of the visa pages after extensive opening and closing.

If you need to replace your damaged passport, you will need to submit the following in person (See Where to Apply):

  • The damaged passport;
  • A signed statement explaining the damaged or mutilated condition of your passport book and/or card; 
  • Form DS-11; and
  • All documents required by Form DS-11, including citizenship documentation (i.e., birth certificate) 

Photo Requirements

What pose should I be in for my photo?

You must directly face the camera.  Profile shots will not be accepted. Your expression should be neutral with both eyes open and directly facing the camera. Photos with exaggerated expressions and squinting will not be accepted.

How recent must my photo have been taken?
Your photo must have been taken within 6 months of submitting your application and reflect your current appearance.

Can I wear a hat or head covering for the photo?

You may wear a hat or head covering, but you must submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering is part of recognized, traditional religious attire that is customarily or required to be worn continuously in public or a signed doctor's statement verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes.

Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.

Can I wear a uniform in my photo?

Uniforms, clothing that looks like a uniform, and camouflage attire cannot be worn in the photo except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily.  

Is it acceptable for my child’s eyes to be closed in his/her photo?

It is acceptable if an infant's eyes, particularly a newborn's, are not, or are not entirely, open.  All other children must have their eyes open and looking straight ahead towards the camera.  

Electronic CRBA FAQ’s

What is eCRBA?

eCRBA is the Department of State’s new online application for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA).  eCRBA does not require any new information or processes – applicants enter the same information in eCRBA as in the paper application.  This new application method, however, will allow you to enter your data, upload required documents, pay the fees and schedule your appointment all online.  Additionally, you will be able to check the status of your application online.

What are my payment options?

eCRBA requires payment using the U.S. government’s official payment site “”, which accepts payments in U.S. dollars from a credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover) or U.S. bank account.

How do I know if my eCRBA has been received?

After successfully submitting an eCRBA application and payment, you will see a confirmation screen.  You will also receive a follow-up email, confirming receipt of your application. If you should not receive a follow-up email, please check your junk inbox. 

How do I make an appointment with Spangdahlem Passport Office?

After completing the online application and making a payment online. When completing the online application, please provide your email address and the one from your passport acceptance agent on base (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.). Once the consulate in Frankfurt receives your CRBA payment and documents, they will forward your application via PDF within 5-7 business days of payment to your passport agent on base. Your Passport Acceptance Agent will email to make an appointment for parent’s and child to appear in person to take the oath, accept all  original documents, and apply for your child’s tourist and/or no-fee passport. 


What are the SOFA status benefits and responsibilities?

SOFA is defined as a treaty that sets out the terms under which the members of the force and the civilian component of a foreign NATO-member state are allowed to operate in another NATO state. The SOFA certificate identifies the bearer as a person who is entitled to unrestricted entry and exit from Germany and to benefits, privileges and protection under the NATO SOFA and the German Supplementary Agreement. These benefits include the exemption from having to register your presence with the German authorities and paying German income tax. You can also purchase certain goods tax-free to include vehicles.

The SOFA treaty gives us many benefits, but it also means that we have certain responsibilities. Individuals are responsible for learning and obeying German laws, carrying an official ID card issued by the sending state, registering vehicles with USAREUR and having a SOFA certificate in their passport to prove their entitlement to live and travel within Germany.

Who is entitled to a SOFA certificate?

In order to be eligible you must belong to one of the following categories: U.S. DoD civilians or DoD-sponsored contractors and their family members as well as military dependents accompanying the force. Certain foreign nationals from NATO-sending states employed by the armed forces are also eligible. Local national (German) or foreign employees from countries that are not members of NATO are not entitled to SOFA status.      

What documents do I need to receive a SOFA certificate?

Command-sponsored family members and stateside-hire civilians should receive a SOFA stamp in their no-fee passport before arriving in Germany. The documentation needed for U.S. Forces members to obtain SOFA certificates for their foreign national or non-command-sponsored dependents include their PCS or TDY orders assigning them to Germany and their dependents’ passports and ID cards. For local hire civilians, contractors and their family members, an AE Form 600-77A is required from their servicing personnel office or sponsoring agency. In addition, the dependents’ passports and valid ID cards are also required. All family members must be enrolled in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). If dependents do not possess a valid ID card (i.e. children under the age of 10), the sponsor will need to provide a DD Form 1172-2 as verification that the dependents are enrolled in DEERS.

Force Management


Details coming soon

Duty Information

Details coming soon


Details coming soon

Installation Personnel Readiness


Q1: I’m tasked to deploy and lost my Identification Tags. What do I do?

A1: Contact your Unit Deployment Manager (UDM) and provide them with the following information:

Full Name, DOD ID #, Blood Type, and Religious Preference.  Your UDM will submit the request to the IPR office on your behalf.

Q2: I’m tasked to deploy; when will I receive my orders?

A2:  Orders are normally created when members are within 30 days of their first movement date and are medically cleared.  If you are selected for a short notice tasking, your orders are created as soon as you are medically cleared.

Q3: When and how can I schedule my final out for my deployment?

A3: Final outs are schedule the duty day prior to your departure. Your UDM will send a request to the IPR office on your behalf.

Q4: I’ve just returned from my deployment, but it is not reflecting on my vMPF. What documents are required to update my vMPF?  

A4: Send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  with a copy of your CED orders and your paid travel voucher.

ICE Feedback logo

How are we doing?

Share your feedback about this facility through the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) Website.

Contact Us


All by appointment only.

Monday-Friday 8am-11:45 & 1pm-3pm
US Holidays, Goal & Family Days Closed

Passport Office

All by appointment only.

Monday, Wednesday & Friday
8-11:45am & 1-3pm
Newborn/families of 5+ services not provided.
Tuesday & Thursday
Newborn/families of 5+ services will need to schedule an appointment
Walk-in services not provided. 
US Holidays, Goal & Family Days Closed
3rd Thursday of Every Month Closed


COMM 06565-61-6554
DSN 452-6554

Visit Us

Building 131
Spangdahlem AFB
66777 Germany

General Info

 NIPR Note

We Accept

american express
52 FSS

ICE feed back
52d Force Support Squadron - "The Best Never Rest" Protection Status ©