Super Saber Appreciation Day
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND EVERYONE! Take some time to relax and enjoy the long weekend while celebrating America's Birthday.
We here at FSS are so glad we can still have a celebration in light of COVID-19. While it may look a little different this year, our yearly tradition of Super Saber Day is still happening! Come out starting at 9pm to grab a swag bag filled with goodies and hang around to watch the firework show at 10:30pm (Don't forget to respect social distancing regulations and wear your face masks while you celebrate with us).
In the meantime, until we celebrate Saturday, here are 10 fun facts you might not know relating to Independence Day…
- 1. The Declaration of Independence wasn't signed on July 4th or even in the month of July.
- 2. There are about 15,000 Independence Day firework celebrations every year.
- 3. Calvin Coolidge, The United State's 30th president, was born on Independence Day.
- 4. The use of fireworks to celebrate the 4th of July dates back to 1777.
- 5. July 4th was not a federal holiday until 1870.
- 6. Americans consume about 150 million hot dogs on July 4th each year.
- 7. The Fourth of July produces the highest beer sales out of all federal U.S. holidays.
- 8. July 4th is also celebrated by the Philippines as this is the day they ceased to be a U.S. territory.
- 9. John Adams believed Independence Day should have been celebrated on July 2nd, so he spent his life turning down invitations to July 4th party celebrations.
- 10. The famous Macy's fireworks show in NYC costs about $6 million.